Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Defaulting to Doubt

Good morning, ladies!
Wanted to share a quick thought with you from my Sunday reading...

This is from Daniel 4-

S-   "O Belteshazzar (Daniel), chief of the magicians, since I know that a spirit of the holy gods is in you and no mystery baffles you, tell me the visions of my dream which I have seen, along with its interpretation."  Daniel 4:9

O-   King Nebuchadnezzar has had another scary dream and wants Daniel to interpret for him.

A-   The king's kneejerk reaction, even after witnessing the protection of the three (FOUR!!) men in the fire, is to revert back to the mindset that Daniel has some sort of "magical powers".  He has relied on sorcery and withcraft for the entirety of his reign and it is what he runs to when he is scared. He fails to recognize that The One True God is behind Daniel's ability to interpret dreams.  It made me think: when backed into a corner & scared...

WHAT IS MY DEFAULT MODE????

I have seen God's protection, grace, & provision over and over- both in my life and in others'- why do I still doubt Him?  I have had Jeremiah 29:11 engraved on my heart for as long as I can remember- why do I still struggle with this?

P-   Lord, thank you for loving me despite my unbelief.  Thank you that you have a default mode of kindness, provision, & forgiveness!  Please help me change my thinking to one that trusts You! Amen


So, what are Y'ALL learning this week?? Excited about Thursday night!

6 comments:

  1. Anxious and nervous. I live in the world of jitters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My default mode is self-reliance. I try to figure out how to fix or solve the problem myself. My first question is,"what am I going to do? Through God's grace it is changing to "what is God going to do?" which is followed by His peace. It is a daily battle. Thanks for a thought provoking question to toss around today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I struggle with not believing that God would love me enough to bless me like He does. When something good happens I have a hard one believing it is from God. When something bad happens I think that God certainly doesn't love me enough to answer my prayers. It's a struggle I have had for as long as I can remember. Will I ever believe that Gos truly loves me? Hope I can join in with y'all one week. My wok schedule has been move around a bit and I am having to miss some weeks in June.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Default mode: "even though I've entrusted my heart and soul to You for all eternity, I'm not so sure You can "handle" the details of my life...(even though I've seen You do it daily a million times over...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love y'all!!! I have tears running down my cheeks as I am blown away by the transparency that GRACE brings! I am praying for each of you RIGHT NOW, BY NAME, that God would work in our lives to change our default modes! Wow- that was super-spiritual. I need to go watch some Kardashians now... love you girls:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talk about transparency! Seriously, I'm envious of you ladies and the discoveries you are making together. Cat, you know how proud I am of you! Mom

      Delete